Do you want to improve your discipline in a fun, creative way? You’ve come to the right place. In October 2021 we will be honing our discipline by writing every day for 30 consecutive days.
One flash fiction prompt per day coming your way.
What is flash fiction? Flash fiction is a very short short story. It is also known as microfiction or sudden fiction. It is very short, but still have a plot that evolves. It is a lot of fun to write and definitely flexes the creative writing muscles.
Let’s write flash fiction.
The challenge costs US$35.
Every day during October 2021 I will post a Flash Fiction prompt on www.deadlinesforwriters.com at 8 am (GMT+02:00).
You will have 24 hours to post your flash fiction submission.
Once the new prompt goes up, the previous prompt is closed.
It will all be flash fiction, each day will have a different word count. It is important that you use the correct word count.
- Post one, comment on four.
- Be kind.
- Post in the correct timeframe/window. If you’ve missed the prompt/deadline, you’ve missed it.
- Stick to the correct word count.
- English only, please. Sorry, I just don’t have the resources for more languages.
- Read the FAQs.
- Read the Website Tips and Tricks post.
- You post on the website at your own risk.
- You earn on point per post. The goal is to earn 30 points.
Why will a deadline help?
I started Deadlines for Writers because I needed accountability. I know how hard it can be to motivate yourself because I’m a recovering procrastinator. Now, it’s four years later and I have learnt how effective and productive deadlines can be.
You will receive accountability, productivity, and access to a great community along with 30 prompts, 30 deadlines and 30 days to improve your discipline. You will also give and receive feedback to and from your fellow writers on a daily basis.
The cost: US$35 per challenge. This is a non-refundable fee. It is non-refundable because it adds to accountability. Please read the Terms and Conditions.
You will receive:
- A profile on Deadlines for Writers.
- 30 Prompts, published daily, which will help you to brainstorm your story.
- A daily deadline to hold you accountable.
- And at the end, if you post once per day for 30 days, you will have 30 pieces of flash fiction.
This is a new challenge, but we know our deadlines work. This is what our 12 Short Stories writers had to say:
I will accept and approve posts for the specific prompt from, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00), on the day of the deadline until, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00) the following day on www.deadlinesforwriters.com.
Please ask Google to figure out what time that will be in your part of the world.
During this month we will be writing for 30 consecutive days. You will post 30 pieces of writing. These will be written in answer to flash fiction-specific prompts, and if you post every day you will have practised writing for 30 days and you will have completed 30 pieces of flash fiction. Is it going to be easy? Nope, but you will have the support and enthusiasm of a group of like-minded writers with the same goal. You will also give and receive feedback while you write with and learn from your fellow writers.
I believe in prompts, and I would encourage you to use the prompts for this challenge. Every day you will receive a new prompt. The deadlines make the stories appear, but the prompts add the magic. It is a little bit of the unknown to keep you on your toes.
This challenge will start on 1 October and end on 30 October 2021.
- Register and make payment.
- Complete your profile.
- Read the FAQs.
- Go to Account.
- Show All Membership Levels.
- Add 30 Days of Dialogue.
- Make payment.
- Read the FAQs
- The first prompt will be published on 1 October 2021.
- The last prompt will be published on 30 October 2021.
The challenge is to submit 30 posts in 30 consecutive days.