Can you write 12 poems in 12 months? Join the writing challenge.
In January 2019 we launched our 12 Poems in 12 Months Writing Challenge and it was a huge success. We hope you’ll join us for this year. The 2020 12 Poems Writing challenge starts on 15 January 2020.
You may be a first-time scribbler of words or a poet laureate, but everyone can benefit from a deadline and some feedback, right?
How will it work:
There will be a deadline every 4 weeks. You post your poem on the site and read and comment on four other poems. The goal is to have 12 poems at the end of 12 months.
The prompts will vary. A lot. Sometimes there will be more restrictions and sometimes none.
One poem per person.
Please remember: This is not a competition. It’s about discipline, productivity and learning. Not all our poems will be great, but they will at least be written.
How to participate:
- Sign up on the deadlinesforwriters.com Website.
- If you are already participating in the short story challenge you will need to create a new profile for the poems, with a different email address.
- Write and submit your poem on the day of the deadline.
- Comment on four other poems.
And join the 12 Poems Facebook Group. Lots of discussions and announcements happen there.
- Some competition rules state that poems must be ‘previously unpublished’. Each site has different definitions of published. Make sure to check before you post.
- Copyright remains with you.
- You publish on the site at your own risk.
Please mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you find the 12 Poems in 12 Months after 15 January 2020? Don’t worry, you can join in any month. You have to write 12 poems in 12 consecutive months. So if you start in May 2020, you will finish in April 2021.