Let's critique a story
"When I was teaching writing — and I still say it — I taught that the best way to learn to write is by reading. Reading critically, noticing paragraphs that get the job done, how your favorite writers use verbs, all the useful techniques. A scene catches you? Go back and study it. Find out how it works." - Tony Hillerman
In this class…
We learn how to become better writers by becoming better reviewers, but the art of a good review lies in its tone. Kindness is the foundation of our success. We are here to learn and improve our writing, but also to help our fellow writers. We have to learn to give good, solid feedback that inspires a writer to improve and write more. Not put down their pens.
Join Mia to learn all about critiquing with kindness.
Register to attend the free class
Tuesday, 6 February 2024 at 11 AM (GMT+02:00)
Tuesday, 6 February 2024 at 9 PM (GMT+02:00)
Calculate your timezone here
Who should attend:
- Writers who want to write better stories.
- Writers who want to give better feedback.
- Writers who don’t know what to say about someone else’s work.
- Writers who are part of a writing/critique group.
- Writers looking for inspiration.
- Writers who are participating in any challenge on Deadlines for Writers.
We’ll also discuss:
- What should I include in my review?
- How do I know if my reviews are good enough?
- Common problems with reviews (and how to avoid/fix them).
- How long should my review be?
- How can I learn by giving feedback?
During the class Mia will discuss Deadlines for Writers and how our challenges work.
Recordings will be available, but for a limited time.
Please register using the links above.
Who is Mia?
I’m a creative writing teacher, coach and manuscript appraiser. I help writers to find their voices and unravel their stories by empowering them with knowledge, providing accountability and helping them write the books they’ve always dreamed of writing.