A whole new decade of writing with 12 Short Stories Writing Challenge
Let’s write 12 Short Stories in 12 months
The 12 Short Stories Writing Challenge starts again on 8 January 2020. We’ve been writing 12 short stories in 12 months since 2017. This is a fun-loving, hardworking writing community that you will enjoy. We talk about writing and learning together. Join us!
- The goal is to write 12 short stories in 12 months.
- I post a prompt once a month, the deadline is usually 4 weeks later.
- The word counts vary each month.
- You post one story and comment on four other stories.
- It is a great learning experience.
Please remember: This is not a competition. It’s about discipline, productivity and learning. Not all my stories will be great, but they will be written.
Added bonus: Not only will you write 12 short stories in 2019, the word counts have been calculated to add up to 15 000 words exactly. That sounds productive.
Please join the Facebook group. It is the easiest place to stay up to date. If you are Facebook-free, stay that way. This is not compulsory, but please make sure to add us to your address book to stay up to date. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some competition rules state that stories must be ‘previously unpublished’. Each site has different definitions of published. Make sure to check before you post.
- Copyright remains with you.
- You publish on the site at your own risk.
Did you find the 12 Short Stories Writing Challenge after 8 January 2020? Don’t worry, you can start in any month. You have to write 12 short stories in 12 consecutive months If you start in May 2020, you’ll end in April 2021.
Let’s write 12 Short Stories in 12 months.