It’s time to post your seventh poem in the 12 Poems in 12 Months Challenge. Did you write a sonnet? I hope you enjoyed it. Our writing community is thriving and the poets are writing up a storm. You can still join the challenge if you’re ready to kick procrastination butt.
I will accept and approve posts for Write a Sonnet from 22 July 2020, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00), until 23 July 2020, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00) on www.deadlinesforwriters.com
Please ask Google to figure out what time that will be in your part of the world.
Please submit your poem on www.deadlinesforwriters.com
- Log in.
- Complete the form.
- Select the correct category: Poetry Prompt 7: Write a Sonnet
- Do not select any other category.
- Submit for approval.
- Read and comment on four other poems. Please spread the love. Look for poems that haven’t been read, instead of everyone reading and commenting on the same poems.
Those of us trying it for the first time this post may find this post helpful.
- This is an exercise in discipline. The comments are a bonus. There is no prize because I want you to focus on writing for yourself and to try and take more risks.
- Be kind when you comment. Start with a positive comment, suggest an improvement, and end with something positive. We are here to learn.
- Our next prompt is at the end of this post.
A few more points:
- I will try to read as many posts as possible, but I do have a day job that I would like to keep.
- NO hate speech. None. If you see something nasty that I should be made aware of, please send me a message.
- Be careful of profanity.
- I need to approve every post. Please be patient with me. I am teaching during the day and I will approve them as quickly as I can. They will all go up.
Can I still join?
You can join the 12 Short Story or Poetry Challenge in any month. So, if you start in June, that will be month one for you and then May 2020 will be month 12. Sign up.
And here is Poetry Prompt 8: