2020 has started with a bang and, at last, January is over and the year is in full swing. Welcome to all the new writers who have joined the 12 Short Stories Writing Challenge. I hope you will all have a wonderful year with us and enjoy your experience with the awesome writing community. Submit your first short story today.
Welcome back to the writers who will be attempting this for the second, third and fourth year. Here’s to #12/12.
I will accept and approve posts for Coalition (Word count: 1200 words) from 29 January 2020, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00), until 30 January 2020, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00) on www.deadlinesforwriters.com
Please ask Google to figure out what time that will be in your part of the world.
Please submit your story on www.deadlinesforwriters.com
- Complete the form.
- Select the correct category: Prompt 1: Coalition.
- Do not select any other category.
- Your story must be 1200 words. I won’t approve stories under 1150 or over 1250 words.
- Submit for approval.
- Read and comment on four other stories. Please spread the love. Look for stories that haven’t been read, instead of everyone reading and commenting on the same stories. If you want tips on how to comment, read this post: The Complete Guide To Evaluating Your Short Story.
- This is an exercise in discipline. The comments are a bonus. There is no prize because I want you to focus on writing for yourself and to try and take more risks.
- Be kind when you comment. Start with a positive comment, suggest an improvement, and end with something positive. We are here to learn.
- Our next prompt is at the end of this post.
A few more points:
- I will try to read as many posts as possible, but I do have a day job that I would like to keep.
- NO hate speech. None. If you see something nasty that I should be made aware of, please send me a message.
- Be careful of profanity.
- I need to approve every post. Please be patient with me. I am teaching during the day and I will approve them as quickly as I can. They will all go up.
Can I still join?
You can join the 12 Short Story Challenge in any month. So, if you start in June 2020, that will be your first month and May 2021 will be your last.
And here is Prompt 2: