Submit Your Eighth Short Story For 2020
Today Submit number eight before it’s too late. Please make sure you stick to the deadlines and times. I don’t approve stories that are posted late. The deadlines are there to help us. Remember to post one story on www.deadlinesforwriters.com and comment on four.
I will accept and approve posts for Misunderstood (Word count: 1800 words) from 12 August 2020, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00), until 13 August 2020, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00) on www.deadlinesforwriters.com. Please ask Google to figure out what time that will be in your part of the world.
Submit Your Eighth Short Story For 2020. Please submit your story on www.deadlinesforwriters.com.
- Log in.
- Submit (Top right).
- Complete the form.
- Select the correct category: Prompt 8: Misunderstood.
- Do not select any other category.
- Your story must be 1800 words. I won’t approve stories under 1750 or over 1850 words.
- Submit for approval.
- Read and comment on four other stories. Please spread the love. Look for stories that haven’t been read, instead of everyone reading and commenting on the same stories. If you want tips on how to comment, read this post: The Complete Guide To Evaluating Your Short Story.
- This is an exercise in discipline. The comments are a bonus. There are no prizes because I want you to focus on writing for yourself and to try and take more risks.
- Be kind when you comment. Start with a positive comment, suggest an improvement, and end with something positive. We are here to learn.
- Our next prompt is at the end of this post.
A few more points:
- I will try to read as many posts as possible, but I do have a day job that I would like to keep.
- NO hate speech. None. If you see something nasty that I should be made aware of, please send me a message.
- Be careful of profanity.
- I need to approve every post. Please be patient with me. I am teaching during the day and I will approve them as quickly as I can. They will all go up.
Can I still join?
You can join the 12 Short Story Challenge in any month. So, if you start in September, that will be month one for you and then August 2021 will be month 12. Sign up on www.deadlinesforwriters.com
And here is Prompt 9: