Welcome to the 12 Short Stories Writing Challenge for 2020. We are very excited about a whole new decade of writing and are looking forward to another year of amazing short stories. Beat procrastination and embrace the awesome power of deadlines.
Today marks the beginning of the 2020 challenge.
- The goal is to write 12 short stories in 12 months.
- I post a prompt once a month, the deadline is usually 4 weeks later.
- The word counts vary each month.
- You post one story and comment on four other stories.
- It is a great learning experience.
A new decade, new stories, new writing adventures.
Please remember: This is not a competition. It’s about discipline, productivity and learning. Not all my stories will be great, but they will, at least, be written.
Added bonus: Not only will you write 12 short stories in 2020, the word counts have been calculated to add up to 15 000 words exactly. That sounds productive.
Find the first prompt for 2020 here.
Please join the Facebook group. It is the easiest place to stay up to date. If you are not on Facebook, please add us to your address book and keep an eye on your mailbox. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have also created a list of the deadlines for you to note in your calendars. You can complete the list as the prompts are published.
- Some competition rules state that stories must be ‘previously unpublished’. Each site has different definitions of published. Make sure to check before you post.
- Copyright remains with you.
- You publish on the site at your own risk.
Here are the deadlines for 2020:
Download the PDF: SS DEADLINES 2020
If you have any questions please mail email@example.com
Let’s write 12 Short Stories in 12 months.