Write better dialogue in 30 days
Are your characters reluctant to speak or do you need some extra motivation to get the words on the page? We have a deadline for that.
Many writers get bogged down by the theory and find it frustrating to unravel all the rules about punctuation and viewpoint and tags and adverbs. We’re going to change that and break it all down with a daily dialogue tip and the opportunity to practise every day.
In 30 days, you will be writing dialogue with confidence, and you’ll be having fun while you’re doing it.
You see, most writers spend their days reading, watching, and learning as much as they can, which is great, but the theory is only good if it results in action.
We’re bombarded with how-to’s, but we are rarely given the opportunity to practise and to learn how to apply what we’ve learnt.
Yes, you can keep writing diligently on your own every day. You can keep putting down those words and writing the same stories over and over again – or you can learn alongside a group of kind, talented writers. By making comments and receiving feedback from fellow writers, you will learn more about writing and reading than ever before.
The question you must ask yourself is: can I write for 30 days straight? I can answer that for you. The answer is: yes. The combination of prompts, deadlines and community make for an amazing experience of writing, learning and growing, but as I said, it’s a question you have to ask yourself.
What you need to know
- The 30 Days of Dialogue Writing Challenge starts on 1 August 2021.
- Sign up closes 31 July 2021
- A prompt will be published every day.
- You will receive a dialogue tip every day via email.
- You will write a short flash fiction piece of about 500 words on the site.
- Once you have posted your story you will read and comment on four other submissions.
- That includes 30 prompts | 30 deadlines | 30 writing tips
- All this for only US$35.00
- There is no refund for this challenge. It adds to the accountability.
There comes a point in every writer’s journey when we have to put all the theory into practise. You’re at that point.
Throughout August we will be hosting several events:
- Check out our Instagram for short dialogue tips posted in July.
- The Dialogue Class Live – 20 July 2021 | 21:00 (GMT+02:00) US$20
- The Dialogue Class Live – 29 July 2021 | 21:00 (GMT+02:00)
- Sign up closes for the 30 Days of Dialogue Challenge.
- The 30 Days of Dialogue Challenge starts. – 1 August 2021